Kate Bosworth Covers of The September 2011 BlackBook

Kate Bosworth Looks Stunning on Covers BlackBook September 2011
Kate Bosworth Covers of The September 2011 BlackBook
Kate Bosworth looks stunning on the latest cover of Blackbook for the magazine's September 15th Anniversary Issue. The 28-year-old actress sits down for a chat and talks about being a loner in her high school years, battling perceptions, but also about working with her ex-boyfriend Alexander Skarsgård and her fashion sense.

Kate Bosworth covers BlackBook September 2011. The 28-year-old actress proves once again she's not just a pretty face, but also a talented and down-to-earth girl. Kate started her career at a very young age playing Judith in 1998's 'The Horse Whisperer'.

"God, I started this so young — I was 14 when I got my first role. I barely knew myself back then. I did the best I could to navigate a career while also just growing up, and it wasn’t until three years ago, when I turned 25, that something in me grounded. I wanted to explore. I wanted to be challenged. I started riding emotional roller-coasters I wouldn’t have even lined up for in the past," she told BlackBook.

Speaking about her school years, the actress confesses that she was quite a loner. "I was a real loner in high school, even though people assume I was the head cheerleader. My head was always in books. I felt uncomfortable in cliques. I wasn’t a social butterfly at all," Kate says. After graduating from high school she was accepted to Princeton University, but she deferred admission and at 18 she moved to Los Angeles. "Talk about anxiety! That was a really stressful time for me. I look back now and think, How did I ever do that? I lived there, in a tiny studio apartment, on my own," she told the magazine.

Moreover, Kate admits she has a sensitive personality. "I’ve always been sensitive, and sometimes I don’t know how to handle that sensitivity, but I’m learning to manage it better. As an artist, my job is to indulge in emotion. The artistic process is thrilling and joyous, but it can also be extremely painful," Kate stated. Besides, she admits that, "I feel like I’m always battling people’s perceptions of me, but it’s a losing battle. I pick projects because they’re interesting, not to prove anyone wrong."






Terrifying and intense seems to be Kate's latest role in 'Straw Dogs' in which she plays alongside her ex-boyfriend Alexander Skarsgård. In the movie, Bosworth plays an American television actress named Amy Sumner. She and her screenwriter husband David move from Los Angeles to her hometown of Blackwater, Louisiana, where conflicts with the locals become a real threat. On working with Skarsgård, Kate says that, "Alex is so kind and so dedicated and so incredibly professional. He’s got this rare, wonderful control and stillness that you notice in a lot of old movie stars. He looks you in the eye. I feel incredibly lucky to have had that type of man on this movie."

'Another Happy Day' is one of Kate's latest films set to be released in November. On Alice, her role in this movie, Bosworth told BlacBook that, "Dude, I know exactly what you mean! To be totally honest with you, I had that same fear. I remember continually telling Sam, I don’t want her to be this whining heap of a wreck. But it goes so beyond her feeling victimized. Watching her is to watch someone struggling with her own survival."

As for Billie, her role in 'Big Sur', Kate says that, "Blue Crush was one of the most physically challenging things I’ve ever done, but this one, well, it’s up there in terms of emotional difficulty". She then adds that, "The thought of one day killing my own child is so far removed from the intensity of sadness I’ve ever known, but in the moment I became her, and I let go of control and really allowed myself to take off."

On her fashion sense, the actress states that she's more into the low-maintenance style and that she never wears stilettos during the day. "I’ve always seen fashion as embracing the individual, although yes, I understand that there are parts of the industry that aren’t so welcoming. But look at the Proenza Schouler boys. They’re so kind and they make such brilliant designs. The Rodarte sisters, too. It may be idealistic, but I like to think that goodness rises to the top," she told BlackBook.





Source: becomegorgeous.com